Tuesday, June 8, 2010

This Blog thing

I am still figuring out how to blog. I tried to follow the blogs of people that follow mine and i only ended up following my own blog. Oops. And then i realized that in one of my posts the whole thing is like a hyperlink only i have no clue how to actually link anything in my posts. I think i just did it again. Oh well i guess i need to fiddle around and learn a little bit more about this blogging thing.

I don't have any pictures of Jonathan to post. Last night he was a bear and i didn't get much sleep. Today he was looking in our TV stand glass and realized that he could see my reflection. It was funny to watch him see me and then turn around and look at me. He did this a couple of times and then started to smile and laugh when he figured it out. Then later he did the same thing in the glass of the oven.

I don't just take millions of pictures of Jonathan. I do have a bunch of pictures of the humming bird family that is living outside of our kitchen window. This is the second humming bird that has made its nest in that area and earlier in the spring there was a dove that had her nest there also. So I have become sort of a birdwatcher. If you are interested you may have to click on the pictures to see them up close. I had to enlarge them with the computer so the quality of the pictures are somewhat blurry.


Here is the back of the bird. She is facing away from us. As i watched the bird and her interactions with her babies i realized that she can see me and so this is her protecting her babies.

This is more of a side shot.
Here is the mama and the head of one of the babies. I can only image how small it is.
Another shot of baby and mom.
Here is the hummingbird leaving the nest.
Finally the next two are just of the babies heads sticking out of the nest.

1 comment:

Karina Cifuentes said...

Aw, sweet.

About getting your blog started, there are great forums on the Blogger homepage! I had a lot of trouble in the beginning too, but it's all trial and error!


http://www.platformmag.net