Friday, October 3, 2008

Book Club

So i started a book club. I have wanted to join one for awhile now but couldn't find one. I looked on craiglist, at bookstores, the public library, and on Google but didn't find anything that suited me. Here is a little background before i explain further. My apartment is pretty empty of stuff. I can't decide what i like. What colors, modern, more antique type furniture. The problem is i like everything. So as a consequence, nothing has been done. I did buy red nesting end tables but then i have a purple velvet arm chair that is pretty modern. They really clash but it is what it is. i was kind of embarrassed to have people over so i invited only a few people over that i felt comfortable seeing my apartment in such a state but then told them to invite anybody they felt would want to be in a book club. My scope of friends in AZ is fairly limited. Anyway, a girl forwarded it to like 20 people from church and i was kind of freaking out. I wasn't sure how many people would show up and what they would think of my lackluster apartment blah blah blah. Needless to say, pretty much the people i personally invited showed up and it was good. There was a little political talking considering i choose the debate night to meet. I know there were conflicting political feelings so i tried to reign in the most vocal (to little avail) but in the end we planned out what we were going to do. I invite all of you to attend on the first thursday of the month at my apartment. Since most of you don't live in the state i am giving you plenty of notice to make arrangements to get here ;-)

No comments: