Wednesday, October 15, 2008

following up

(Michelle this one is for you) I went to walgreens with my list and coupons and bought 2 Bertoilli dinner things and 1 thing of Breyers ice cream to get $5 in register rewards. The deal is when you buy $15 of a few things then you get a coupon thing for $5 dollars to spend the next time you go to walgreens. So here i was, after work and i went through the register and nothing printed up. So i asked the cashier what happens when it doesn't print up and she called the manager. She called the manager over the loud speaker and i at this point was ready to tell them to forget about it. I turned as the manager walked over to see my worst nightmare come true. There were 12 people in line behind me. I counted. The manager did a return and gave me $5.42 cents cash so i walked out spending $13 something for a bunch of stuff. I can't tell you exactly what but 20 minutes later, after i got over my embarassment, i was happy with my deal.

Next up is what am i doing with all of my produce from my bountiful baskets order. Well yesterday i made pomagranate vinegrette. I didn't have cheesecloth to strain the seeds of the fruit out of the vinegrette so i went to my vast ( i am not being sarcastic) fabric collection and found a loose weave piece of linen and strained it through that. It worked pretty well. It was good but it tastes really similar to the salad dressing that you can buy in the store with the picture of the strawberry on it.I don't know if it was worth the effort. Tonight i made banana bread. It was really good. I tweaked the recipe a little bit and used half whole wheat flour. I used brown sugar and left out 1/4 cup. With all the bananas i didn't use any oil. I did use some butter but not that much. It was pretty tasty. I have a bunch of cherry tomatoes that we will never eat so i found a recipe online to dry them in the oven with garlic and olive oil. You can store them for longer and toss them into salads or add them to pasta. I cut up all of the tomatoes and then realized that i didn't have any garlic. I will get some tomorrow. I will let you know how that turns out. It looks like Meat[loaf] is back on the menu boys! (i saw lord of the rings way to many times) I am going to make meatloaf tomorrow. We have red potatos and green beans that we need to use up and CW likes meatloaf. No wonder why i can't loose any weight. Finally the other thing that i am going to try is a surprise. It will be interesting to say the least. I will let you know how it is and what it is tomorrow. ciao folks!

2 comments:

SavingSomeGreen said...

I'm so sorry that your first Walgreen's experience was not good. :( It will get better, I promise. I hate how they only have one cashier and if there is people in line they just have to wait, and sometimes they stare at my stack of coupons. Oh well. Anyway, don't give up. There are so many great deals to be had!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for listing a link to my blog on your blog list! Try to check out at the cosmetic counter at Walgreens - they are normally nicer and the line is shorter. The more comfortable you get with Walgreens coupon policy, the bolder you will get with using coupons. I like the line gathering behind me and watching in awe as I barely pay for my bags of freebies and they pay full price. I sometimes feel like handing them extra coupons that I didn't use.