Sunday, August 24, 2008

My Husband

The other day i went to get the mail and found that we had a package. I get the box and notice that it is from Amazon. CW ordered a few books and even on for me which will probably be the next book i read -World without End by Ken Follett. I read the first book by him which is the Pillars of the Earth. Anyway, the package and his habit of collecting (and reading) books made me think of the first time i met him. I met him on a saturday morning. Our mutual friend Johnny was having a BBQ at his apt. that evening and so he picked me up and then i dropped him off at work so i use his car to run a few errands. One of those errands was to buy pop and drop it off at his apartment. There sleeping on the floor was CW. Johnny and CW hung out the night before and i guess that it was too late to go home. So i inadvertantly woke up CW and we chatted (the lightbulb went on). He asked me if i could give him a ride home, he was cute so i said yes. As i was dropping him off, he asked if i wanted to come up and i accepted under the guise of "checking my email". When i walked into his apartment he had a couple of tall bookshelves full of books and piles of other books all over. I have to say this was one of the things that impressed me most about him (to that point) and solidified my crush. I still love that he loves books and he continues to impress me with what he reads and wants to read!
(on that day i also discovered that he liked Christopher O'Rielly and that impressed me beyond belief and i became a Red Sox fan, they were in the playoffs and i watched for the first time in my life a complete baseball game by myself just to have something to talk about)

2 comments:

amy said...

What a sweet post Amy. I have never heard how you met your husband... great story:)

C.W. said...

My wife is a revisionist blogger