Sunday, August 24, 2008

Another Week in Review

Well here i am again. I have a lot to post. Since i haven't been feeling very well in the evenings i have read a lot lately. I finished The Shipping News. I really liked the book. I like books that slant your life a little bit. I mean that certain books make you think about things a little differently even if just for a little while. This book was very well written and at times it was not very pleasant. I mean that this is not a feel good and be happy book but it was still good. The characters are not elegant or even very pretty but they get along and in the end are happy and have accomplished something in their life. I am not at all doing justice to this book but it is good. Another random consequence of reading a book set in Newfoundland (that is where this book is set) is a good portion of the book talks about fish and seafood. I kept having inordinately insane cravings for clam chowder, lobster, fish and chips, and the list goes on. To bad i live in a landlocked desert and am limited to what seafood i can eat fresh or not.

With that i will talk about my restaurant review. Los Compadres is a mexican food joint just down the road. It is fast, quick and pretty good. I got a #6. My usual - a taco, tostada, and a buritto with green chilies. I have been having a problem lately of nothing being appetizing to me. I get hungry but most food repulses me. So i ended up only eating the tostada. The rest will probably be lunch today. It is your usual american-mexican type food and i like it. CW, on the other hand had problems. It didn't sit well with him and he was up all night with heartburn and visits to the bathroom. I don't think we will go there again for that reason.

No comments: