Friday, July 23, 2010

Attack!

I have no picture to go with this post because it would not be cute! So along with all of the wonderful pleasures of Phoenix in the summer is huge massive cockroaches running around my house. After talking to a few people, it is apparently a normal thing. Even the terminex guy said if you get a lot of cockroaches then you would get scorpions. He said it isn't really something to worry about and it is not a sign of uncleanliness. HA! OK, this next part may seem unrelated but stay with me. In April, we had a BBQ with some of CW's running friends at our house. CW was out grilling and someone said something funny and i guess i got a piece of food stuck in my throat. I ran in the back room to try to gag it up but it was stuck tight. So I came back out and practically threw Jonathan at someone and although i don't remember it, i guess i did the international choking sign. Luckily, one of the gals is a nurse and recognized that i was choking and proceeded to do the Heimlich Manuover on me. she is shorter then me so she was not having much luck. Her husband came over and he is much larger then she is and so with much gusto he wrapped his arms around me and squeezed. Nothing flew out of my mouth but it was dislodged enough so i could breathe. I was a little sore but thought that that was normal. Anyways, it was painful and it kept being painful until one morning it was so painful i called the doctor. Turns out i broke a rib. The doctor looked at me and said you shouldn't pick up your kid and i can't give you pain medication because you are breastfeeding and stay away from the gym and don't do any sit-ups. So it sucked to be me for awhile. I thought that it was healed but today as i was sitting on the floor leaning against the couch and folding clothes i look down and there was a monstrous cockroach right next to me. I screamed at the top of my lungs and grabbed Jonathan. I put him in his high chair and spent the next 20 minutes killing the insect and then cleaning up the mess. Jonathan and i had to leave the house for a while too just to get out. I noticed that my rib was killing me. I thought maybe i re injured it when i screamed about the cockroach. Hopefully it will feel better soon.

1 comment:

Bluestripe55 said...

After rereading my post it sounds like we have a ton of cockroaches running around. Probably in the past year we have had 5 or 6 but still!