Tuesday, July 20, 2010

New Title

I can't ever think of catchy post titles. Anyway this is sort of a week in review or pictures of our latest adventures. I got a close-up of Jonathan's teeth. I think it is pretty darn exciting. Whew look at that hair hanging out of his mouth. Sadly, it is probably mine. Well here is our cute boy decked out for swim class. It is not really swim lessons but we don't have a pool so we are taking advantage of our YMCA membership. He loves the water and wasn't sure at first but after a couple of seconds he was really enjoying himself. We worked on kicking, blowing bubbles and floating on his back. There was only one other mom and baby in the class so hopefully more people sign up.
I can't believe my baby is 9 months old. We went to his 9 month well check up and he got weighed. He was only 16 lbs. So from his last appointment he is only a half a pound heavier. He has lost a little weight since coming back to Arizona because he weighed at least 16 lbs 6 oz while at the doctor's office in Boise. So the doctor's orders are to fatten him up and now i feel like i am constantly shoveling food in his mouth. I did wonder because he still is wearing 3-6 month clothes. My visiting teacher said she noticed right away that he looked skinnier. What kind of mom am i that i didn't even notice? We head back to the doctor in 6 weeks and if things don't improve then we worry.

Coming home from Boise i had all of these project i wanted to work on. After being separated from my house for a couple of weeks i really felt inspired. Below are colors (from left to right) I want to paint my kitchen, master bathroom or bathroom with the shower and Jonathan's dresser. I keep mentioning to people that i want to paint my kitchen which is a very bluish red right now. Everybody likes the red and CW says why do we have to paint it, everyone likes the red. I like it alright but for years i have been waiting for my own house to do as i please and i have always wanted to paint! Being in the design industry for awhile i feel like i see trends at their beginning and then when it hits main stream i am kind of over it. I feel like that with red and beige - kind of over it. Plus I am liking the mushroomy green/ greys right now. For the bathroom i decided to go one shade lighter then what i have in the picture. The bathroom has a white bead board wainscoting that covers half of the wall so it won't seem so overwhelmingly dark. For the last project i have bought the paint and the dresser is sanded i just have a couple of prep things left and then i can paint. The problem is slowly my energy and motivation have evaporated in the heat. I had all of these plans but somehow i just can't get the energy to do anything. ugh!
Last thing in this ever lengthening post is a sad mishap for Jonathan. He was in his kiddy pool and he was trying to stand up. Poor kid feel over and hit his lip and scratched his face on the brick patio. He was sad so we went to Sonic because they have good ice and fed him ice! Poor kid.
I will try to post more often. This is a marathon post!

1 comment:

H said...

Oh Amester, don't be so hard on yourself! You see your babe every single day, and we don't really notice them getting bigger, so how are you supposed to notice if he loses a few ounces? Audrey is on the petite side too, she was in the 25th percentile on her last weigh-in, but she seems healthy and happy to me so I'm not worrying. She sometimes fits into things marked "newborn"! But then some things she's outgrown. Just trust your instincts, you're a fabulous mama! We miss you lots!