Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Big Sigh!

I am happy that it is the end of the day. In fact, i can't believe that it is only 9:00.
I must say that being a stay at home mom is a lot harder then i thought it would be. It was the same with pregnancy. I wonder how it was that i had no idea how hard pregnancy really is. How tired you get, how sick you feel all the time, throwing up long past the first trimester, peeing while throwing up because, i don't know, you are so big that you have lost certain muscle strength or your child is screwing up your insides(??) and i had no idea about heartburn and waking in the middle of the night (every night) choking on stomach acids that were coming back up my throat! Sorry if that is too much information. I now have sympathy for all pregnant women. Yikes and to think my husband is bugging me about child number two!

So it was with stay at home moms. There was a new mom that i went to church with and i often wondered what she did all day. First i thought that i would get bored being at home. Then I thought that life would be so nice. I could get so much done, take up a few hobbies, sew, etc. This is also not the case. Today was one of the worst days. I think how nice life was with my 9-5 job. Even with all the stress i could come home and relax and not worry. I am not saying that i would change anything at all! My mom says being a stay at home mom is the hardest job you'll ever love. I mean i am complaining and i only have one! Anyway, i think he is teething and it was Cranky McCrankster had come to stay and my sweet Jonathan had gone on vacation. He would whine if i put him down, whine while i held him. There were full on tears at different times. Naps were a nightmare. I was at wits end. Then CW comes home and gives me a break for a little while and they go outside. After awhile i stick my head out to see what was going on and this is what i see.



It is funny how seeing him laugh and smile seems to take away all of the frustration and tiredness away. And to top it all off he went to bed like a dream! I love this kid.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Amen! Sometimes I envy working moms because they get a break from 9-5. There are no breaks when you stay at home. Especially when they are whiny and/or sick.