Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Magical Fruit

Have you ever wondered what 28 pounds of green beans looks like after it has been cut, canned, or pickled?

On Saturdays when we don't have things going on (which is close to never) i get fruit and veg from a co-op called Bountiful Baskets. They often have offerings of large quantities of certain in season items and i sometimes get the canning bug and buy them. This time it was 28 pounds of beans. It took me a couple of days and i thought my had was going to fall off from cutting but i did it. I processed all of the beans. We now have enough beans to last us a good long time. Plus, i have discovered that i LOVE pickled green beans often referred to as Dilly Beans. Yum!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are amazing. I totally would have helped, call me next time lady:)

Unknown said...

What a huge undertaking. How did you get it all done with Jonathan around? Come on, you're making the rest of us moms look bad:)

Unknown said...

Oh, Adam is actually me, Angie.

BeCcA said...

You are so amazing and I am in love with your pickled green beans.